Thursday, August 5, 2010

Felicity



She's done. I was quite possessed for about 12 hours. This hat is very comfy and cozy. The 30% silk in the Cascade Venezia definitely adds heft to the finished product. I wonder how much this hat is going to stretch due to slouch+weight.

I am excited to have a hat that not only fits my big head, but also flatters it. The color in real life is more of a cranberry red. If I knit another one for myself, I may modify again and cast on 80 stitches (this time I cast on 90, the pattern calls for 70).

Happy :-)

Pattern: Felicity (free pattern)
Yarn: Cascade Venezia
Needles: US size 8 (16 inch circs), US size 10 (24 inch circs), US size 10 DPNs
Mods: Cast on 90, increased to K14M1, then knit 4 rows, decreased from K13K2TOG (thanks Melody!)

No comments:

Post a Comment